What a long spring we have had… We hope all our players and families have been well during this time. Are you ready for Soccer to start and get out of the house having the players running outside again? See the announcements below for some exciting updates to Summer AND Fall seasons.
During the time off, DYS has been working with town officials to see when, where, and how we can start soccer back up again while maintaining all state and town guidelines of safety for all who participate.
Keep up to date on all things DYS on our Facebook page where we will be communicating registration info, cool events hosted by the New England Revolution, as well as skills and drills info.
DYS Summer League
DYS is planning on a Dedham Summer League for CURRENTgrades 1 thru 12 (unfortunately Pre-K Kickers and Kindergarten programs will have to wait for the fall season)
starting the week of July 6th thru approx. August 6th (final date tbd)
The goal is to have 4 boys and 4 girls teams per grade (or combine similar grades if needed)
2 games per week, NO practices- just fun!
Teams will be decided on a draft format by the coaches
Games and times will be spaced out on Dedham fields
We will be following all appropriate health guidelines set forth by the town and state
Registration is now open at www.dedhamsoccer.com cost is $25 per player (to cover costs for referees)
PLEASE Register ASAP so that we can develop teams !!!
Massachusetts Youth Soccer, Boston Area Youth Soccer, and Dedham Youth Soccer are making plans for a normal fall season and we have opened registration as long as all local and state guidelines are met. PLEASE REGISTER NOW (for incoming Pre-K thru Grade 8) at www.dedhamsoccer.com so that we can start to develop teams for both the town and travel leagues. (if there is no summer or fall season, shortened season, or substantial changes made- DYS will offer a refund appropriately as we had for the spring 2020 season).
Practice usually start around the last 2 weeks of August with games starting around the first weekend in September (more info to come…)
Unfortunately, there will be NO TRYOUTS this season due to group sizes. Teams will be chosen based off of the group of coaches for each grade and their evaluations from the fall season (or last season played). They will give their input with the guidance of DYS to all come to the appropriate team for each player.
Incoming 3rd grade
The DYS board has implemented the following changes for incoming 3rd grade for the FALL 2020 season:
All incoming 3rd grade boys and girls players will remain in the Dedham town program for the fall season of development.
DYS will hold tryouts during the fall season for all players progression into the BAYS TRAVEL SOCCER LEAGUE in the spring 2021 season. (BAYS requires grade 3 players to play at their own grade level and cannot play up with no exceptions).
This will help facilitate growth as a player, more time with Dedham community, and making sure that the teams are placed accurately for the transition to the travel program.
The fall season will be planned as an all 3rd grade boys and girls leagues as long as there are the appropriate number of players registered.
Dedham Soccer Summer Camp
August 10-14 and 17 thru 21
Information is still being finalized as town and state guidelines need to be met
for additional questions
Please pass along this information that might not have received it J
Have a Great summer and see you on the field soon.
I hope that everyone has been having a great time between soccer seasons. Spring Soccer is right around the corner and let’s all hope that the weather continues to cooperate (no jinx). The DYS annual meeting was in December and we welcomed a few new people to help make the organization even better in 2020 and beyond! Please welcome new members: Carld and Victoria August, Andreas Matern, Adam Young, and Chris Looby as well as all returning members.
The board has been hard at work during the offseason working on website improvements, choosing an app for coaches and parents, setting the schedules, planning upcoming events, making changes to the by-laws (updated and listed on the DYS website), working on new sponsorships, the list goes on…
As I say every year at this time: Thank You VERY much to ALL board members, coaches, asst coaches, sponsors, who 100% VOLUNTEER their time to help make DYS a GREAT program for our children of Dedham. DYS represents more than 900+ players/coaches.
Winter session #2 for Grades 1 thru 6 at Compete Indoor Sundays starting Feb 16th thru March 25 from 4-5pm for only $70
Middle School soccer (grades 6 thru 8)- Sunday evenings for FREE. Please contact
to register and fill out waiver.
Registrations are still open for Grades K thru 2 and the Kickers program thru March 1st. High School age Soccer sign-ups are ready for spring as well. Please sign up at www.dedhamsoccer.com
Registrations are closed for Travel (grades 3 thru 8)- if you forgot or would still like to sign up, we can check if there are any slots open at your appropriate grade/team level.
Games Start Date: First game for all Pre-K thru Grade 8 will be Saturday, April 4th with practices starting approx. 1 to 2 weeks prior (still waiting on permit process to be completed). Dates for HS age tbd. All Town games (kickers and grades K thru 2nd) will be at Riverdale School this season.
Coaches meeting Will be held at Dedham Middle School on Sunday, March 15th starting at 4:30 for town and 6:00pm for Travel. Format will be different this year with youth players showcasing their skills and the coaches observing and discussing (not running around).
SAVE THE DATES:
DYS Night at the REVS- Saturday, May 2nd at 7:30pm vs NYC FC. More exciting news on this next month.
DYS End of Season Picnic- Sunday- June 7th from 9 until 1pm with even more fun activities than last year including Free cookout, music, inflatable soccer games, Soccer Vendors, Sponsor tables and last town games of the year.
Professional Coaches- DYS Training committee is working to hire a few professional coaches to help guide our volunteer staff this spring season. I am looking forward to having them help us.
Gonzalez Turf Field- Snack Stand and Bathrooms- DYS has raised money for several years and contributed a majority of the funds needed to make this happen for the DYS teams that play and practice there. What a great project and special thanks to Sal Ledda for all his hard work to make this a reality for Dedham.
Tryouts for Fall- Incoming 3rd, 5th, 7th/8th grade players will be asked to attend tryouts this spring. More info to come.
DYS winter Hats on sale for the low price of $15. Let me know if you would like to purchase.
Uniforms (Travel ages- Grades 3 thru 8) If you are new, or need new uniform items- please contact your coach or myself. Keep your same uniform number. If you do not have one, let me know.
Town Ages- Please use your uniform from the fall- DYS will have a few extras for new players, any player movements, or additional needs.
I am looking forward to getting to know more of you, and your interests and concerns in the coming year. I would appreciate hearing from you and encourage you to reach out to me with any questions, comments, ideas, concerns, praise!
The boad unanimously approved changes to the DYS By-Laws at the January 2020 meeting. The updated by-laws are posted on the website under "documents". If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to email directly firstname.lastname@example.org
It is almost Fall Soccer ! Practices will be starting at the end of August and first games are September 7th. Keep an eye out for a 20% off coupon from Dicks Sporting goods on DYS FB page and from your coaches for August 17/18th (Make sure that your child has cleats, shin guards, and a water bottle before the start of the season). We have invested in new Pre K kickers nets, Goals for Oakdale School, and new equipment for the coaching staff.
9/7 First Day of Travel and Town Games
9/21 DYS Night at the REVS- more details to follow
10/5 Annual DYS Night at the High School Varsity Soccer game (boys and girls)
10/26 Soccer Spooktacular – town program- costume soccer
· Coaches Meeting: This year’s coaches meeting is scheduled for August 13th.
Town Coaches (K thru 2nd) 6:30 to 7:30
Travel Coaches ( 3rd thru 8th) 8:00 to 9:00
Endicott Estate- 656 East St.
Learn what is new for Fall DYS soccer, pick up equipment, ask questions, voice concerns, give feedback...
Team/Player Announcements:(Travel only 3rd grade and up)
Apologies for some teams that were not announced on time, as coaches were on vacation. If you still have not heard, please contact me ASAP. Pre-K thru 2nd grade teams are still being developed and shoud know by August 21st at the latest.
Ordering Uniforms- for all incoming 3rd grade and new Players (or if you need to order anything new)
You do NOT need to order a uniform if your child is in the town program-Pre-K thru 2nd grade as DYS will provide the jersey.
Below is the link to place your child’s order
****You must select Player Number -
(This is the player number assigned to your child by Dedham Soccer and your coach (for returning players- it will be the same number), if you do not select this number you will be required to order a new item)
Sizing can be found when clicking on the item at the bottom of the page
**PLEASE ORDER ASAP to get in time for the season**
To kick off the Dedham Online store with Challenger we are offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $90.00 or more using the Promo Code: DEDHAM90
Check out the Dedham Travel Soccer spirit wear gear & show your support from the sidelines. We have a great selection of Hoodies / Warm ups / 1/4 Zips etc....
****Use the below link (might have to type into your web browser to place your order & again you must select Player Number
DYS will be helping with the costs of the tournaments this year (up to $300 for MYS approved tournaments), coaches will be getting more info at the meeting. Love seeing the tourney pics on FB with all the families and players having fun!
Practices will be starting the last week of August and DYS is bringing in 3 professional coaches again to help our players and coaches learn more about soccer. We are waiting on permits for official start to practice.
The board is working on 2-3 options for off season winter training starting in January. More to come…
The Spring season is in our rear view mirror, Summer is in full swing and I wanted to wait a few weeks to let everyone know of the latest DYS news. The board has been working hard this off-season and we are all looking forward to Fall Season. I hope everyone got a chance to watch the USMNT win the World Cup!
DYS picnic was a success. Over 750+ people in attendance. If you have any suggestions for next year, please let me know.
Flag Day Parade- over 45 kids participated in the float and represented DYS- Thanks for all who supported us.
Coaches Meeting: This Years coaches meeting is tentatively scheduled for the week of August 12th. Exact date and location to be announced very soon.
· Travel age players- Incoming grade 3 thru 8- DYS reviews the tryout evaluations (where appropriate), Coach evaluations, and Clinician evaluations to determine the best, most suitable competition level for each child. DYS wants the player to develop in the most suitable environment to create a positive experience while learning to enjoy the game of soccer. Team sizes are based on player count. Teams may be combined at grade level when conditions require.
· Players should be contacted by July 22nd. If you have not heard by then, please contact me directly
All incoming grade 3, players that need new sizes, and new travel age players will need to buy a new uniform.
Your coach will email you the instructions to order online (numbers are pre-assigned)
Cost is approx. $52 for Youth Sizes and $56 for Adult sizes.
Summer Camp Info
Dedham Coaches Soccer Clinic (week long formats in early August for ages 8 thru 18. See DYS website or attached for details.
A Few up-coming Events and Notes:
· REGISTRATION for FALL SEASON- Deadline is August 1st for the Town Program and Little Kickers.
· SUMMER SOCCER Tuesdays at Gonzalez Field from 6-8 is open to all DYS. No formal training, just open space to have fun playing soccer.
Check the DYS website for field closures. If the field shows closed, there is no practice at that field (but perhaps could be changed and you shoudl check with your coach. If the field is open follow below:
If raining: practices will be cancelled, but check with your coach
If light rai, mist: practices will be held as planned unless the coach cancels
Clinician sessions are always held unless raining heavily.
*early ending- if rain occurs during a practice it is at the descretion of the coach/clinician to continue or not. If a parent ever needs/wants to leave early it is completely up to them.
**see "environmental conditions" on the DYS homepage for other weather factors that is from MASS YOUTH SOCCER including heat, cold, lightning, thunder.
As President for the Dedham Youth Soccer Association, I am truly honored to work with the exceptional individuals on our Board and further with all of you that value the time and dedication of our *all-volunteer* organization. We will all work hard to enhance the soccer experience for you and your child and to meet your expectations. Over the next weeks and year, the DYS board will work to respond to the ever-changing needs of the soccer community. DYS is now representing between 750-800 children in Dedham! Some things that we have been working on:
As of this Wednesday, March 28th, all parents should have had communication with their coach, including the Little Kickers program (except High School grade teams-which have a later start date). If you have not heard anything, please contact me at
Practices- Mother Nature has not been cooperating, but we are hopeful, but cannot guarantee that practices will start the week of April 2nd. A few travel teams will start this week on Gozalez Field. The coaching staff should let you know where/when you are practicing.
This year we have invested heavily in our training program by hiring two professional coaches from England to help our volunteer coaches and players develop their skills and have fun. Each team from Little Kickers thru 8th grade will get one session per week with a pro coach in a grade and gender format. ie: all 3rd grade boys will practice together, all 6th grade girls will practice together.
Cleat/Equipment swap- April 7th Gonzalez field 10am to 12pm. More details on the web
Town Referee meeting: April 5th 6:30-8pmEndicott estate for returning refs only. Fall season will be accepting new referees
Tryouts/Evaluations for incoming Fall 3rd, 5th (new), 7th/8th (combined) dates have been set. SAVE THE DATE: May 14, 15, 17th see the DYS website for more details. *you must be registered for fall in order to take part in the tryout/evaluation
DYS night at the Revs- Saturday, May 12th @7:30. See your coaches to order tickets and more details on the web. Tailgate sponsored by DYS before the game if we get 200+ people.
DYS townwide end of year picnic at Nobles- Sunday, June 10th
Fall- DYS night supporting the Varsity teams
New Uniforms- the board is currently working on possibly changing uniforms for the fall. More to come…
I am looking forward to getting to know more of you, and your interests and concerns in the coming year. I would appreciate hearing from you and encourage you to reach out to me or speaking with me at one of our regularly scheduled board meetings or on the fields.
I wanted to update everyone on what is happening during the off-season at DYS.
1. Training- We have started a new Winter Clinic at Compete Indoor in Norwood. This is a state of the art Turf field that will help our children progress their soccer skills during the off season. These clinics will be run by professional coaches with a vast background in teaching soccer. If you have not signed up yet, I encourage you to do so before the second session is filled. They will be held on Saturdays 5pm to 6:30PM starting on February 24th (more information at www.Dedhamsoccer.com )
2. Professional Coaching- DYS has hired 2 professional coaches from Challenger Sports to help with our training program this Spring. We are very excited to launch this new initiative to step up our level of play and have our children AND coaches learn from these new coaches. One coach will be devoted to our Little Kickers thru 2nd grade town program and the second coach will work with our 3rd thru 6th grade travel program. We will also be hosting special sessions for grades 7 thru 8 and older.
3. Winter – Indoor teams. We had 3 teams participate in indoor leagues in Canton, MA with great results. Next year, we are looking to add even more teams.
4. Travel Teams update: We have met with the Travel coaches about the registrations for the Spring season and discussed the team formations. This was a complete group effort with all involved and decisions were made together for the best interest of all the children. Teams will be announced by the coaches on Wednesday, February 28th for all teams EXCEPT 8th Grade boys as we are still working on finalizing rosters/coaches. If you have not heard from your coach (and are registered) within a few days of this date, please let me know.
5. Fun Activities: Revs night is fast approaching. Mark your calendars NOW…Dedham Youth Soccer “Night at the Revs” will be Saturday, May 12th at 7:30PM vs the defending champions Toronto FC (featuring Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore). The coaches will be taking orders for tickets as soon as practices start. If we get to 200 tickets sold, DYS will help sponsor a family friendly tailgate before the game.
6. Town update- the deadline to register is March 1st. Please visit the DYS website to register. The end of year picnic is starting to take shape for Nobles. More details to follow. We are hoping to have more sponsors, booths, activities than ever before. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
7. DYS Board- 10 members of the board attended an all day Workshop sponsored by the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association. Topics ranged from referee training, Positive coaching, development of US Soccer and more. It was a positive learning experience for the members in attendance.
8. Coaches-Thank you for volunteering! Your division directors will be reaching out to you soon about the spring season. Coaches meetings will be held on Thursday, March 15th, from 6-9pm, more info to follow.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns both positive and negative.